Thousands of US military veterans return home to find it difficult re-integrating into civilian life and find meaningful work. In fact, veteran unemployment is higher than our national average – but there is a growing movement in agriculture to change that.
On today’s episode, we meet veterans who are building successful careers as farmers and helping others do the same. Chef Nathan puts together a fresh, summer cantaloupe salad – the perfect lunch for cooling off and nourishing the body on these summer days!
For more information:
- Veterans to Farmers Coalition
- Veteran’s Farm (the farm featured in this episode)
- Web Exclusive Video: Occupational Therapy Tips
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- Jacksonville Farm Helps Vets Heal
- Chef Nathan’s Cantaloupe Strawberry Salad Recipe