Strawberry Jamtini – A Delicious Jam Cocktail
One of my favorite ways to enjoy those last bits of jam at the bottom of the jar is to create an easy jam cocktail. It is basically a jam martini served in a jam jar!
To see exactly how it is done, watch this short 2-minute video above.
The full recipe is below.
To make this jam cocktail you will need:
- A 1/2-pint jam jar to serve as your cocktail glass
- A muddler
- A cocktail shaker
- Lemon slice
- Fresh strawberries
- 1 oz. lemonade
- 1 oz. simple syrup (see note)
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 heaping spoonful low-sugar strawberry jam
- Club soda (optional)
1) Run the lemon slice along the top edge of your jar glass and then dip that rim into the sugar to “sugar” the glass.
2) Add a few chopped strawberries to the glass and muddle them. (Squish to release juices.)
3) Into your cocktail shaker add: lemonade, simple syrup, vodka, strawberry jam and some ice.
4) Place the top on your shaker and shake well until all the jam is evenly distributed.
5) Add ice to your cocktail glass with the muddled strawberries and strain in the cocktail mixture.
6) You can add club soda if you wish or just add a strawberry garnish and serve.
NOTE: If you are using a super sweet jam, you may skip the simple syrup. It is a personal choice. Simple syrup is just a boiled solution made of equal parts water and sugar. It needs to be made ahead of time and allowed to cool before using. In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and let mixture cool completely before making cocktails.
For more information and lots of other cocktail recipes, go to our Easy Jam Cocktails page.
If you share any jam cocktail recipes, be sure to use #Garden2Jar in social media so we can see it too!