Farm School? “Green Acres is the place to be; farm living is the life for me.” You might remember that jingle to the opening of the popular series; Green Acres from decades ago. But today, that same desire is alive and well and spawning “Organic Farm Schools” all over the country.
In this fun episode, the whole crew enrolls for a week in a New England farm school to learn all they can while there. The cameras are rolling to show the reality side of organic farm living with our mostly city-slicker crew doing their best to keep up!
For more information:
- Joe’s Blog Post – Back to School: Life Embedded at the Farm School
- Young Farmers Sprouting Up Across the Nation
- Farmer Apprenticeship Program Seeds Next Generation Small-Scale Farmers
- Chef Nathan’s Apple Fennel Salad with Shaved Parmesan and Currants
- Find a CSA or farmers market near you