Ginger Maple Sweet Potato Puree
Yield: 4 to 5 servings
3 medium sweet potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and diced into 2-inch cubes
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup, preferably Grade B
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated on a Microplane
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the potatoes in a small pot filled halfway with cool water.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of a knife, then drain well.
- Add the drained potatoes to a food processor with a metal blade attachment (for a super smooth texture) or large bowl (for a more rustic texture).
- Process in the food processor or mash with a potato masher, then add the remaining ingredients and continue processing or mashing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover with aluminum foil until ready to serve.
Makes a great side or main dish.
Garnish with drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and sprig of fresh herbs.