Ginger Mint Lemongrass Tea
Yield: 2 servings
1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, grated
1 3-inch piece lemongrass, roughly chopped
10 small mint leaves, bruised with fingers
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
2 cups water
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain and serve.
Relax and enjoy!
Lemongrass Coconut Jasmine Rice
Yield: 6 servings
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cups long grain white Jasmine rice
1 14oz can unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup water
4 1-inch pieces of lemongrass
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 small Serrano pepper, seeds removed, halved lengthwise, optional
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped roughly
Finely chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Rinse the rice thoroughly in a strainer.
- Coat the bottom of a rice cooker with the olive oil.
- Add the rice, coconut milk, water, lemongrass, salt, and Serrano pepper to the rice cooker.
- Turn on the rice cooker and let cook.
- Remove the lemongrass pieces and pepper (if used).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the chopped peanuts and cilantro.
Serve and enjoy!